Saturday 16 January 2010

China makes me sick...literally...

Maybe it's the pollution. Maybe it's the lack of heat and hot water. Maybe it's the 50+ people put into a small room. I don't know, but China makes me sick. This is the 3rd time i've been really sick since being here. Food poisioning twice and now a horrible cold. I've been unable to breathe normally since Tuesday and I see no signs of it letting up anytime soon. Luckily, my students have exams Monday - Wednesday so I don't have to teach. I'll teach Thursday and Friday and then head off on my vacation (hopefully, feeling better). I'll be leaving on Jan 24th to Bangkok where i'll stay for 2 days before going into Cambodia to see the famed Angwor Wat. Then, i'll swing back through Bangkok and on to Phuket and other beachy spots along the Thai coast! What kind of sickness do we think i'll pick up there??? Probably something extremely rare knowing my luck.
Until next time,
K

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better so you can enjoy your vacation. how's the financing holding up with all this travel?
    Love you,
    Gpaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you recovered? I haven't seen a post from you lately! Hope you are alive and well still! I saw on Facebook that you've been accepted to the London School of Economics... congradulations! Give us an update :)

    ReplyDelete